Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Saturday, January 23

Sew Sew's in New Orleans


One of Lorraine's famous Baby Bishops.  In progress!
One of the women in my sewing group moved to New Orleans.  So we drove down there this month when it was her turn to hostess our group.  It was exciting being in the city even though we drove straight to her home and stitched like we always do. And that  is fun enough!

Picture of  the Street Car  (Trolley  in some places)  taken from my car on St. Charles Avenue.  I needed to turn left but had to go up and make a U-turn.



House on the street as we walked to my friends home 
(no, this is not the kind of home she lives in)!
Some of the large, beautiful homes in the New Orleans Garden District have been subdivided into  Apartments or used for Businesses and some are still homes. 

  Beautiful iron fence around the home above.

An Old and really cool Water Meter Cover.
New Orleans is called the Crescent City.


Lorraine's work in Progress - Priscilla's Layette with beading and Ribbon.
A Shadow Embroidered Yoke.

Two ladies were working on Premie Bonnets. 



I was working on my Bear Threads project.  Finished the tucks in the back of the dress. 
Sewing with friends is always fun.  Look for a Smocking Guild in your area.  Or invite a couple of friends over.


2 comments:

Goosegirl said...

Oh how gorgeous!! I want to go for a visit!
I need to get my Ahnalin's Easter dress pleated and ready to start smocking. I think I just may go for solid white.....Oh I hope she manages to stay clean for more than a minute!
But I just love every time I see a beautiful white bishop.

Robin Hart said...

Thanks for the lovely pics of New Orleans. I sure miss being in the south and those pics do make my heart sing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails