Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Monday, August 22

Stitching an Old Fashioned Baby Dress

I am busy stitching in preparation  for the Saga Convention next month.

This is the project for one of the classes I am teaching!

It is a sweet little Baby Dress.

No pattern for sale for this dress at the moment.

Maybe after convention.

Smocking Arts Guild of American.

It's who I am.


All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2015 Jeannie Baumeister

6 comments:

WhatIfWeAllCared? said...

Beautiful, soft and delicate.

TerriSue said...

So very sweet and simple. I wish you did have a pattern. It looks like the perfect thing for me at the moment. I am 2 weeks off of major back surgery. Spending the amount of time I am in my recliner with ice packs on my back and not preparing for something to do is causing major restlessness. I also have a beautiful little 3 month granddaughter. It would be nice to come out of this with something tangible to show for it. To be honest I didn't believe I would be stopped by the surgery. They told me it would take a year to recover but I have always risen above the pain. This time I am not able. Now I am hoping you will bring out the pattern before I am up and kicking! It really is just so pretty.

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

Adorable, I'll have to come by and see it during Convention.

Islander_58North said...

Looks like a dress my mom had in 1920, but with pintucks. Looking forward to photos and the pattern.

Jeannie B. said...

It will be good to see you!

Jeannie B. said...

Hi Terrisue. I hope your surgery goes well. Stitching is the perfect thing to do when recovering! My Baby Rose pattern would be very nice for your Grandbaby.

Related Posts with Thumbnails