Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Thursday, December 1

Boston Stitch Party 2017




I will be teaching in Boston at the SAGA Spring Retreat and I am so excited about the classes they have chosen for me.

Hand Embellished Baby Gertrude

Hand Embellished Baby Gertrude class is all about learning great techniques that can be used to embellish all of your wonderful garments.  This sweet slip is the canvas we will be working on. 

No Sewing Machine to lug to this fun class!


(antique baby dress/daygown from my collection)

French Handsewing For Baby

French Handsewing is soothing to my soul!
 In this busy, busy world we need to slow down and enjoy the feel of fine fabric in our hands as we take pleasure in each stitch we take.  It is not hard to do and you will be thrilled with your efforts.  I can't wait to stitch the  baby dress/daygown with you (suitable for boy or girl baby).  It's a copy of an antique in my collection and I know you will love it too.

Please go to the Smocking Arts Guild web site to join Saga and sign up for the Retreat.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails