Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Wednesday, December 9

My First Orchid


My First Orchid.
It may also be my last.  I am a haphazard gardener at best.  Most things in my garden thrive on neglect, so we just might not be compatible.  I have kept it alive for two weeks.  So far, so good!
I was inspired by  a post on the website Pleasant View Schoolhouse.  Everything she does looks so easy. 

One day, as I was again looking at all the beautiful Orchids at the grocers and feeling inspired but skeptical, a lady stopped to tell me  how her grocery store Orchid was thriving and had outgrown it's pot several times.  I took it as a sign and bought one.  She told me to soak it once a week on Sunday(food included) and twice a week when in bloom.  No problem!

I already missed the first feeding. When I did remember to feed it, it wasn't a Sunday but I thought I best not wait!  This is why I breastfed all my children.  Feedings were easy and you never forget!  We shall see.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails