Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Wednesday, January 13

Bees's Wax and How to Use it.


 Use a refined Bee's Wax.  A colored wax might transfer to your fabric.

Bee's Wax is used to coat the thread to strengthen it and prevent tangles when hand sewing.  It is never used on Embroidery or Decorative thread.


Thread your needle and hold the thread snugly against the wax.


Pull the needle and thread through the wax to coat.  It's that easy!


 Miah helping me package my Bee's Wax.

3 comments:

Nanette Merrill said...

Loved looking at your blog!

Unknown said...

I love your website because I have always wanted to make a baby daygown. I purchase the pattern and fabric--then get cold feet. I found your website and blog and was inspired. I love your detailed directions and am planning to make the Priscilla daygown for my niece who is having twins--SO I will be making two! Thank you for sharing your talents.

Anonymous said...

what a great idea! I made some beeswax ornaments for Christmas... I think I'll stick one in with my heirloom sewing supplies.

:) Missy

Related Posts with Thumbnails