Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Friday, January 8

Market Time Again!!


It's  time to head for the Birmingham (wholesale) needlework market.  I am in panic mode as we are getting ready and it is a mess around here!!  We are bagging and pricing buttons which is kinda fun because we get to see buttons that I didn't know I had.

 I love Buttons and I have a guzillion of them! My buttons are old and some are antique.   But never used.  I only have a few of them on line.  I do plan to put more but it is pretty time consuming.   I sell most of them at markets anyway. They shimmer and shine.  They are wonderful.  Simple.  Classic. Mother of Pearl buttons.

It is a long (6 to 7 hours) drive from Baton Rouge and it will be a cold drive. What is with this freezing weather anyway? I live in the deep south!!  Flowers bloom year round here!!  Well, I need to start making my sub lists to my lists because as things get frantic my mind just shuts down.  It's kind of calming that way but I do forget things!
My List
1.  Remember to bring electric kettle, tea and a tea cup!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails