Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Tuesday, April 27

White Wednesday -Baby Raglan Daygown

This is View 2 of the pattern "Embroidered Raglan Daygowns.
View 2 has the heirloom embroidery on it.  Very classic!
This little daygown has raglan sleeves which makes it very comfortable for baby.  
The Raglan style also makes it fit longer because there are no shoulder seams.
It buttons in the back so there is the whole front to embellish!
And it's long enough to cover baby's little toes.
The Yoke embroidery is shown using a pale peachy pink.
This is part of the hem embroidery.  The embroidery design is included in the pattern.  I used very easy stitches here.  Lazy Daisy and  French Knots.  You could substitute Bullion Flowers with Eyelet centers for a more challenging design.
This sleeve has little pleats at the edge instead of gathers.
This makes it more appealing for boys.
And for a more tailored look, use Baby Tatting instead of Baby Lace.


Pattern used is  Embroidered Raglan Daygowns.
Fits to size 18 lbs (about 6 months)
White Birds in my Garden!
Hope you like my White Wednesday for today.  For more lovely White Things, go to Faded Charm!

8 comments:

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Jeannie:
What a beautiful place to visit. I really admire your handwork and sewing! I've joined your followers and will be back to explore more.

Thanks so much for visiting Brynwood and joining my friends, too! I look forward to getting to know you in the future.

Blessings,
Donna

Ellie Inspired said...

So beautiful! Just look at that perfect hand embroidery! What kind of floss did you use? I love white on babies. Great inspiration for today!
Laura

Jeannie B. said...

Thank you. I used Zwicky Silk floss. It is a shiny and lovely floss but not real easy to work with. Now, Madeira Silk floss is pretty and embroiders easily.

Unknown said...

this is such a beautiful pattern!! I love the simplicity and elegance of it!!!

Rebecca Nelson said...

Dear Jeannie...thank you for visiting my new shop my friend. I sooo appreciate your sweet words.

I'd like to showcase you the next time I do a link sharing about my favorite bloggers. OK?

xoRebecca

Tanya said...

So delicate and perfect...the hand embroidery work is beautiful!
Tanya

ginger said...

How beautiful!

Smocking with Gwen said...

Hi Jeannie,
Love seeing all the tiny details that go into your patterns. It really makes me want to "add" a little....even to a smocked garment.
Thanks,
Gwen

Related Posts with Thumbnails