Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Tuesday, October 26

It's Sew Heavenly continued...

I took several pictures of the inside of It's Sew Heavenly  shop while I was there teaching.
  The shop is a little Acadian House and unfortunately I ran out of memory on my camera before I took a picture of the outside front.

There is fabric everywhere as well as trims and more. 
 I love the antique tables in the shop.  If you look closely you can see that there are leaves on either side of the table that fold down so it is space saving as well as beautiful.

There is a kitchen too.  We were fed a wonderful homemade  lunch each day.
The finest fabrics are stacked in the black cupboard behind Brenda and Lacie.  This is an Heirloom Sewers Wonderland!!  The finest of everything.

A large cutting table just waiting for us to decide what we want!

Beautiful All Over Eyelet.

Lovely Heirloom fabrics.  Top is Dimity (just like the antique stuff!) and an new fabric from Capital Imports.  It resembles  rows of Hemstitching.

And let's not forget I live in LSU Country!

There are antique fixtures  everywhere that are filled with lovely items

This is my favorite!  It is an antique Nuts and Bolts cabinet.  And it spins around with little drawers on all  sides.  Every drawer is filled with buttons!! 

Girls, this is worth a Road Trip!

Her shop is open Monday through Thursday and weekends by appointment.
Call before you go to get directions and check her hours.
337 856 8141

All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2010 Jeannie Baumeister

6 comments:

Jan M said...

Brenda does have a lovely shop, and she is just as lovely, too! I have been fortunate enough to visit, and encourage everyone to do so. Thank you for sharing another wonderful little jewel in our world of heirloom sewing!

Julia said...

Where is it? You may have said in an earlier post that I missed.

Jeannie B. said...

Julia, read the post just before this one for more pictures. her shop is:

Sew Heavenly is located in Louisiana.
Really only about 1 1/2 hours from Baton Rouge.
220 Twin Lakes Drive, Youngsville, LA 70592
phone - 337 856 8141

Anonymous said...

Sigh....gorgeous, just gorgeous.

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

It is heavenly! Thanks for sharing with us.

Gina said...

Darn, no where near Indiana! I'll remember it if I make a trip South though!

Related Posts with Thumbnails