Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Thursday, October 21

Sew Sew's in the Country

Lorraine P.  finished hers quick as a lick!!  
Our French Hand Sewers Smocking Guild is smocking a nightgown as part of the program.  This is a very festive gown.  I love the ribbon at the neck.
 
And she stitched Shadow Embroidery at the hem too.
Won't her Granddaughter be cute in the Christmas morning pictures??

Lorraine B. is a master of the Bullion. They are pronounced  Boooyawns in South Louisiana.
This pretty little dress won a Blue Ribbon at the Design Show at the Norfolk SAGA convention.

Plump and Pretty!!  And the fabric is Dotted Swiss.

I love the one Bullion on the sleeve.

Our hostess lives in the country.  That is sugar cane growing right  in her back yard!
  
The owl is protecting the vegtables in their garden.  And the Satsumas and Lemons are right behind him.
I told you we were in the country!!
This is a Bobble Head Owl.  Really! You touch him and his head bobbles around.
I love him!



All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2010 Jeannie Baumeister

3 comments:

Julia said...

Gorgeous and sweet gowns.

SweetScarlett said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog, Jeannie, and for your lovely comment, too.
I can't find an email address for you or I would have responded there.
I am so glad you found me because now I have found you, too!
Your blog is amazing! I adore vintage baby clothing!
Too much of what is 'fashionable' now is what I consider 'throw-away' clothing - contemporary but not worth keeping for the next generations.
I can't wait to explore your site further!
xxx
Maggie

:: hayati :: said...

i like smocking...:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails