Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Thursday, November 4

Be Happy!

I love Embroidered Roses!
They make me happy!

I found this quote on another blog and I found it so simple but so profound that I had to share it.
" Comparison
is the death of 
contentment."
Author unknown 


Sewing moral of this story: 

Never compare the dress you made
 to the dress your friend made.


do you know what I mean? 


5 comments:

Piper said...

I love this quote and I really need to remember it when I am not quite satisfied with my sewing. Thanks for bringing it up.

Julia said...

I love that quote, because when I see your beautiful things, I feel so inadequate! Your roses made me smile! So pretty!

Jeannie B. said...

Oh Julia, My goal is to inspire and encourage but never to intimidate!! Most of the items you see are easily within your reach with only a bit of practice. If that's what you want. If not, just enjoy!

Robin Hart said...

What a great quote! I might need to find a space on the walls of my sewing room to put that one. It is one we need to look at and remember.

Goosegirl said...

Oh Jeannie, thank you for this quote. I love it. I tend to compare myself unfavorably all the time. And I make myself crazy. Thank you for the great reminder.

Related Posts with Thumbnails