Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Saturday, January 22

A Fun Saturday Morning In My Sewing Room

My Friend came over this morning.
She helped me put together kits!  She is stitching a Ready To Smock Bonnet.

This Paperwhite plant was a birthday gift from her.
Look! It is almost ready to bloom!

Today we had a Hodge Podge Tea!  Nothing matched.
You can see that there is a flurry of activity in my Sewing Room by the messy table.

This is the Blue & White Teapot I bought and hand carried home from New York City.  A girl can't have too many Teapots!

These are my Buttermilk Muffins. They are super good for you!  They include Oats, Wholewheat flour and Flax.  And they are sooo good.  Especially when sitting on a Spode blue and white plate!!

This is a glimpse of one of the things I am doing. The little knot marks the center of the pleats. 
I should be embarrassed to tell you this but I think you would want to know.   I counted those pleats 8 or a zillion times before I found the center of the pleated fabric.  They kept moving on me.  I swear!

Next post will be from my Vintage Priscilla Smocking Book on The Art of Smocking.

See you then,
jeannie





All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2011 Jeannie Baumeister

2 comments:

Robin Hart said...

What I would give to spend time in your sewing room with you. I am pretty good at bonnet kits as well. Instead lately I have been having spending time with your patterns. I have 4 in progress. Not counting that one from Indy convention.

Jeannie B. said...

Thankyou. How wonderful that you have 4 in progress!! You would laugh if I told you how many of my patterns I have in progress.

Related Posts with Thumbnails