Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Tuesday, April 26

White Wednesday - Beautiful Tea Towel

Beautiful Embroidery on a Vintage Tea Towel.

The Fabric is a fine Linen.  
Finer Linen than you can find today!
Don't you love the way it irons up so nicely?

I love the Blue embroidery against the white Linen.

You can see the beautifully worked Padded Satin Stitch as well as Eyelets.

And Hemstitching was worked as part of the design.

If you look at the hem on the bottom, it is pinstitched  in place on the back of the towel.  The edge of the front of the towel is hemstitched with a touch of blue embroidery thread at the very outside edge.
Very Fancy!

Having Tea in my Sewing Room with my Friend.

"A Proper Tea is much nicer than a Very Nearly Tea, which is one your forget about afterwards."
Pooh's Little Instruction Book

Join me and Faded Charm for White Wednesday!




All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2011 Jeannie Baumeister

5 comments:

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

I do love the way fine linens iron up! Your linens are beautiful ~ the blue work is so subtle and sublime!

Happy White Wednesday!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Unknown said...

Very beautiful Tea Towel! You are very talented.

Kellie said...

Wow! My daughter and I cannot believe the exquisite detail... hours of dedicated hand work! Just beautiful!

Val said...

You make me just breath deep when I visit your blog. It is like a breath of fresh air. Thank you for your prayers and your visit to my blog. I am still practicing my embroidery! Hopefully I can work on that little day gown soon. It takes me forever to do a project. lol

Jan M said...

I love blue embroidery on white. It always reminds me of my grandmother's embroidery. It must have been her favorite, too! This little towel is beautiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails