Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Saturday, January 28

Baby Gown Class - SAGA National in Atlanta

Hemstitched Lace Baby Gowns is one of the Classes I will be teaching at the National SAGA Convention in Atlanta.
The Smocking Arts Guild of America  National Convention will be held over the week of October11th, 2012.
For more information, visit the SAGA website

This gown is made using the OFB Baby Layette pattern.

So many old baby clothes use bits of hemstitching as embellishment.  So very dainty.

The techniques that I will teach include Hemstitching in the middle of your fabric as well as attaching lace with the Hemstitch.

And the Irish Bullion Rose.  A unique Bullion Rose with an eyelet center.

This class will focus on  embellishment which is the fun, fun part!  

Mark your calendars!

And join me visiting other pretty pink inspired Blogs!






All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2011 Jeannie Baumeister

12 comments:

Kellie said...

Precious!

Robin Hart said...

Too sweet!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Gorgeous! Happy Pink Saturday!

My PINK, have a great weekend!

Denise said...

This dress is just precious, and all the stitching is exquisite! Lucky the baby who gets to wear this!

Visiting from Pink Saturday. Hope you have a great weekend!

Denise at Forest Manor

Sherry Richardson said...

You have another beautiful dress!!! Love all the special stitches.

Sewconsult said...

Love! Precious! An heirloom for sure.
Beckie

Unknown said...

I love your clothes and skill! Wow!! HPS!

Susan said...

I would love to be in this class at convention. I really want to learn the fabric hemstitching. The dress is beautiful.

Laurie said...

Jeannie,

The calender posting was perfect for the week I've had. His timing is perfect.

Kris C said...

Jeannie - I'm sooo glad you posted this sweet little dress. I started it quite a while ago at a SAGA convention and never finished it. I found it last Fall but couldn't remember how to finish it; now I know! I don't have it with me here in Arizona but I will finish it when I get home and send you a photo when I do.

suziwong said...

i love the embellishment on this dress so much. What fabric did you use Jeannie? Would love to get this as a kit to do since i'm never going to be able to go to SAGA Convention.

It would be a lovely garment to create via SAGA correspondence courses - i joined, but am not sure it was worth doing as an international member.

Jeannie B. said...

Hi Suzi, The fabric is linen. I know I would not do this as a correspondence course. I will have to think about the possiblilty of a kit. THanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails