Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Friday, February 17

Old Silk Baby Bonnet and Booties

This is the Silk Baby Bonnet that goes with the gown you saw on my last post.

It is lovely.  But the silk is in bad condition.

For this reason, my Friend decided to copy the gown and bonnet.

The scallops on the Bonnet Brim have hand stitched scallops, also edged with lace as was the gown. 

The Bonnet Crown is finished with Scallops as well.

I thought you sewing friend would like to see the inside of the bonnet - where the Crown is attached to the Bonnet.

The outfit included Silk Booties that match.

Close up of the embroidery on the Bootie toe.

This is just such a beautiful set!

Next time, I will show you the gown and slip that my Friend made.  She did a wonderful job reproducing the garments.  And she made it using both hand and machine stitches.

Until then....Jeannie


All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2011 Jeannie Baumeister

1 comment:

Kellie said...

This is just exquisite! Imagine the love and time that went into this little set... priceless!

Related Posts with Thumbnails