Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Tuesday, July 3

Show and Share Fun

Ladies brought lots of pretty Old Fashioned Baby garments to the Retreat for Show and Share.

This little apron is from Best Embroidered Baby Clothes 1.

Love the pocket!

And someone brought a lovely Christening Gown to show us.
She used the pattern "French Acadian Christening Gown".

She had changed it up to copy a family Christening Gown.

She did a beautiful job.

Here is a pretty gown from "Baby's Summer Clothes".
I love the yellow fabric with blue piping.

The cute design on the collar is on page 25 of my book.
And I adore the collar. 

 Susan stitched a design that she reduced from my  book 

Pretty soft rose colored Daygown.
This Daygown is made from one of my favorite patterns.  "Sweet and Simple Daygown Collection".  She also used one of my favorite laces.  The maline Dot lace.

This sweet daygown is "Old Fashioned Baby Layette".

You can't tell from the photo but this linen was so very soft.  The daygown had been worn over and over and over again!  Using linen fabric is what makes it soft and less wrinkly.

This girl version of "Baby Summer Clothes" made with white fabric and just a touch of blue in the collar inspires me.  I love Blue and White.  I love White and blue too!

This little dress was made from "Baby Gowns", the short dress version.  She did some cute embellishments on it.  And she made the pink slip to poke out at the hem  just a bit, which is really sweet.

I love this gown. 
 Lorraine copied an old gown using my pattern "Old Fashioned Baby Layette".

We are all inspired when we see what everyone else is making.




All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2012 Jeannie Baumeister

3 comments:

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

What beautiful gowns and what a talented group of ladies!

Jan said...

Thank you for sharing. What a fun time you had at retreat!

Kellie said...

I am soon to be a nana for the first time... this was quite an inspirational post for me! I gotta get busy stitching!

Related Posts with Thumbnails