Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Saturday, August 25

A Day With The Sew Sew's

Lorraine B. is making a cute Bear to put on a baby blanket. 
Love the lace skirt!!

What a great way to spend my time!
With my sewing friends. 

Lorraine P. had her Baby Bishop all ready to smock.

And there was Fancy Work going on.

Plus, a wonderful meal.  
We had a Southern Dish that I can never remember the name of.  It takes a long, long time to cook and is a very tender meat and gravy served over grits. Unbelievable good.

Our hostess has been going to the local Quilt store and is stitching a Block A Month quilt.  It sounds like a great idea and we loved all her finished squares.

What about a Daygown A Month club.  Or Baby's Layette In A Year club?

Diane had another Crochet Edged Baby Blanket to show us.
I really like the color of this blanket.  In fact I LOVE the green gingham and pink Roses!

Close up for you to see better.

Bunny and I have matching Sewing Totes!
Made by a talented friend.

There's all kind of tricks to them. 
 Snaps to make them smaller.  A Snap to close the bag.

And two pockets. 
My I-Pad fits snugly in this pocket.  And room for a Project Box.

Did I tell you why we call ourselves the Sew Sew's?  It was during the time that Ya Ya Sisterhood was all the rage.  We are the Sew Sew Sisterhood.  

Sew Sew's for short.



All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2012 Jeannie Baumeister

4 comments:

Kellie said...

You all do such beautiful work!

Grace said...

YES!! A baby daygown in a year club or a bishop or whatever you said...YES!! DO IT!!
Love, Teresa

Josh and Melissa said...

That is so fun you mentioned a baby layette in a year club! I have had that thought on my mind for awhile, and just recently found out we're expecting! :) I was just today pondering that.

Josh and Melissa said...

That is so fun that you mentioned a baby layette in a year club! I have had thoughts about that for awhile and we just recently found out we're expecting! :) Just today I was pondering over what something like that could look like.

Related Posts with Thumbnails