Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Sunday, February 3

Stitching For Downton Abby!

Pretty maline lace has been chosen for the front placket.  I will baste down the placket to make it ready for the lace. 

The last episode of Downton Abby had me on the edge of my seat.
What a relief when I saw Sybil holding her new baby girl......then...wait!!
NO!!!!!   A very sad end to the show!  I didn't like it one bit.  

Needless to say, I need easy  stitching for watching Downton Abby.

I have chosen pale ecru Fairy Fabric for my Daygown.  And pretty Maline Lace edging.
I will stitch down this placket by hand.
I'm getting ready for the French Handsewers Guild meeting tomorrow morning. Laura and I will be doing the program.  The first in a series of three programs.

I want to have one Daygown with the completed steps for tomorrows lesson.  And I have another to demo how to do each step.

I will end up with two pretty Daygown at the end of the program.  Nice!

We are making View 2 or 3 of Sweet and Simple Daygown.

This sleeve is finished in entredeux, baby Maline Beading and Lace Edging, with Silk Ribbon threaded through the beading.
For my Daygown, I will add Maline Baby Beading at Baby's wrist.  I like being able to adjust the fit at the sleeve.

I haven't decided which design will go on the front.
This one?
or...This one?

I often make these decisions as I go along!

I hope this Downton Abby has a little happiness in it.



All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2013 Jeannie Baumeister

2 comments:

Miss Holly said...

How exquisite !!! I just adore handwork....
I too was so sad...and I already knew! A spoiler from the U.K. But still I cried my eyes out....

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

Beautiful daygowns.
The show was a bit melodramatic, wasn't it? I haven't seen last night's show yet, I record it then watch it later.

Related Posts with Thumbnails