Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Tuesday, November 5

Saga Convention - Classes

This is a group picture of the students in Miss Bufords Bonnet Class.

They are each holding up a Stitchers Carry Bag that my Mother In Law made for me to give them.

She used many different fabrics so they are all unique.
More on the Bag in the next post!


Pretty eyelets completed in Miss Bufords Bonnet Class.
I loved teaching this class…it was like teaching and living history at the same time as we re-created this Vintage Bonnet that Miss Buford wore as an Infant.

To see more pictures and hear about this wonderful Bonnet…go Here.


Another fun Bonnet class was the St. Louis Fancy Snail Shirring Bonnet.
This was the class project with the Snail Shirring used for the Ruffle. 

Each class features different techniques so there is much to learn.



A student brought a show and share.  
She used my Snail Shirring technique to attach the crown to a Baby Bonnet.

I love this application.


There are so many things to do with this technique and I loved seeing  the creative way it was used on the Bonnet crown.  

I am so thankful when people bring things to show me!!




All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2013 Jeannie Baumeister

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails