Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Friday, January 10

Baby's First Daygown - View 3 in White



This Daygown was made like the green Daygown in the last post but I used different materials which dressed it up a bit.

I have used the new lace edging that I think is similar to the old lace used on my green gown.

This Daygown appeared in Sew Beautiful magazine (June 2012) and featured an article about how to Pinstitch the back  inverted pleat by hand.

I used a fancy entredeux on the neck edge which I think gives it a dressier look.

The inside of the pleat.
The embroidery on this gown was intended to be all white.  But you can see that pink floss was used to stitch the Bullion Rosebud at the bottom of the pleat.  

Oops!

I machine Pinstitched the lace insertion that was placed between the Tuck Sets.  

White is always appropriate for a new baby.

This Daygown pattern has two sizes included. 
Newborn which fits 7 - 13 lbs (a "Take Me Home" size)
and Infant which is my standard Daygown size and fits to 18 lbs.

Materials are the same as the Green Daygown in previous post.


All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2013 Jeannie Baumeister

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails