Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Friday, January 3

Baby's First Daygowns - View 2 Variation



I'm continuing my posts about Baby's First Daygown variations. I hope you enjoy them.

Very pretty in blue. 
Dress up for a Baby Boy.

For this version of View 2, I simply eliminated the Lace Edging at the Yoke.  It gives it a simpler, more tailored look.

I did add the lace edging to the hem.  I wanted that extra touch although you could eliminate the hem lace too.

Here is the same gown with the gathered lace at the  yoke.  I think it totally changed the look of the gown.

Notice, I used entredeux at the sleeve edge.

Blue and off white embroidery.

So many ways to make Daygowns!!

I love it.

All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2013 Jeannie Baumeister


2 comments:

MLM247 said...

This is really appealing. Did people make decorative braids for men's clothing? Did they use something like that on boy's clothes? Applique? Personally I would not choose a neck frill on a garment if the father preferred a tailored look, but something there certainly helps to give a nice finish. I also might give a severe kick in the shins to any father who wanted his baby son to look like a macho-whiskeydrinking-boxing-shooting version of himself. I feel the purpose of these traditional styles is to bring to the surface feelings of protectiveness, tenderness and care.

Martha said...

Beautiful. Love this gown. I haven't tried this one yet. May have to give it a go. I don't have any baby boys on the horizon, but it would be precious on a wee care gown as well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails