Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Monday, March 24

Teaching at Farmhouse Fabrics - Day 1


On the first day of class, everyone brought all their sewing stuff in and we began right away.

First we marked our tucks.  And talked about Sewing Machine Edge Stitching Feet that help us make 1/8"  Folded Tucks quick and easy.  Each machine seems to have a different foot. 

Ask your machine dealer if you aren't sure. 

Next we tucked.  And tucked…. and tucked our little hearts out!

On this beautiful day, we had lunch outside on the patio.

I love the pretty Camellias on the table.

We tucked the yoke fabric and we tucked the fabric for the sleeves and Bonnet.

Then we went shopping!

Farmhouse Fabrics has the most amazing selection of Liberty of London prints you ever saw.
Oh, you just have to feel them to know how wonderful they are!!

Happy Sewing Day to you!





All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2014 Jeannie Baumeister

1 comment:

WendyBee said...

Oh, I wish I could "tuck" myself into that class! How lovely it would be to see your part of country and enjoy the warmth of the culture and climate. It's been a very long time since I have been to a fabric store with really terrific fabrics. And I don't know that I have actually seen a Liberty fabric, never mind a whole shelf of bolts of it. Heaven!

Related Posts with Thumbnails