Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Tuesday, November 18

My Holiday - Castle Howard

We went on a tour of Castle Howard
It's really more of a grand house than a Castle and it is filled with beautiful things!
It's known for the filming of "Brightshead Revisited"

Click on picture to see the detail of this beautiful needlework on the pillow.



The pillow was tucked into a Cradle, next to an adult bed.


The embroidery on the bed skirt looked like pure Madeira.
Beautifully done.


There is beautiful art work through out the home.  I particularly liked the painted ceilings.

In the Chapel, there is a needle worked screen - William Morris.

My favorite part of the tour?

Seeing the rainbow as we   were leaving the beautiful home.

1 comment:

Jane B said...

I have enjoyed following along on your trip. I actually have two baby bonnets that I bought on ebay that according to the seller came from a deacquisiton from Castle Howard Museum. I wonder if a baby slept in the cradle in your picture wearing one of my bonnets!

Related Posts with Thumbnails