Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Tuesday, January 20

Baby Rose View 2 with Scalloped Hem



Just changing the color of the fabric can make a big difference in the way a Baby Dress looks!
White is the classic color of Baby clothes.  Add a touch of pink embroidery and nothing is sweeter.


This dress has to be one of my all time favorites. 

 I made it for an article in Sew Beautiful magazine with the focus being - how to draft a Madeira Hem.  This dress has the scalloped hem in the front but a plain hem in the back.  What my friend calls a "Queen Ann front with a Mary Ann back".

I'm sorry but I don't know which issue this was in.
If any one of you knows, please tell.


The sleeve is attached with entredeux.  
It is also embellished with Maline Lace and embroidery.


The fabric is Swiss "Fairy Fabric".  The fabric actually had a #number to identify it but I thought this little dress looked like the fairies did indeed make it using such a sheer lovely fabric so I named it thus.  

This dress is a beauty!

All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2015 Jeannie Baumeister

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ref. Sew Beautiful Special Issue 2013, Favorite Heirloom Sewing Designs

Karen said...

So very pretty, as are all your creations!

Kathryn Milner said...

Happy New Year Jeannie! I so enjoy your blog and look forward to reading more in the future. I love your pics and the way you display your baby dresses. Will we see more of "flat baby" this year.....I have missed her? Regards Kathryn

Related Posts with Thumbnails