Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Tuesday, April 28

Machine Stitched Shell Hem

This photo appeared in Sew Beautiful magazine.
(We miss you Sew Beautiful magazine!!)

To see the instructions for the Machine Stitched Shell Hem…..visit Martha Pullen Company.

The Bubble and Cap above is from my Old Fashioned Baby pattern "Sweet and Simple Bubbles and Bonnets"  The embroidery design is on page 23 of my "Jeannie B's Book of Heirloom Embroidery Designs and Stitches" (2 pages in my book have designs created just for Daygowns and as you can see…Bubbles too).   I have a materials kit available for the above Bubble.   You will need the pattern and embroidery design to copy it.

This trim can be made and then stitched just  as you would use piping.  

Very cute and easy!


All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2015 Jeannie Baumeister

1 comment:

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

What a lovely edging for a little boy bubble. I just received this pattern in the mail so I will try it. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails