Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Thursday, December 10

Shoo-Fly Quilt -For my Son

I am interrupting my Trip Post to share what I have just finished!


I love simple.  I love elegant.  I love Blue.

I love the name Shoo-Fly!

I love, Love, LOVE this Shoo-Fly Quilt.
It speaks to my simple heart.

 I love old fashioned!

And. I. Am. Finished.  With the top anyway.

The history of this quilt pattern is interesting and you can read about it here.




Now I go visit my favorite Long arm quilter, The Happy Quilter,  and pick out a Quilting Design for my quilt.  She is an artist with her knowledge of how each design will look on each quilt.  She can help you decide if it will look better with the quilt design closer together or a littler farther apart.  And her execution of the machine stitching is wonderful.



Here I am showing you the backing fabric.  It is reallly nice.  Not a "quilting" fabric at all.  It is a soft and silky pima broadcloth.

This Quilt was made with the help of my Granddaughter, Victoria.

I love all things Fabric.

I stitched this quilt on my Mothers old Singer Featherweight Sewing Machine.

It sews like a dream!

3 comments:

Sherry Richardson said...

love blue and white too!!! quilt is beautiful!!!

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

Beautiful quilt! I just love the blue/cream combo (it looks like cream to me in the photos). You are so right to take it to a long arm quilter. I am so over quilting myself.

Jeannie B. said...

Thankyou. This fabric is a soft cream, not white.

I have never had a desire to machine quilt. I absolutely love to hand quilt but I am so slow. A good long arm quilter is an artist with her machine.

Related Posts with Thumbnails