Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Thursday, January 7

Little Boy Daygown

Planning is the first step in making a little Boy Daygown. 
This will be a gift for a new baby boy who is arriving soon, and I'm excited to make it.  

I get my notebook out to plan it.

First, I write down which pattern I'm using.  This pattern has two sizes and I have chosen the Newborn size.  That gets written down too.  I list everything as I make my decision…but in pencil because I might change my mind. 

Two things I am sure of : Newborn size in my pattern Baby's First Daygown.  And I will use a blue fabric.  The Satin Batiste cotton that is pictured is the perfect color.

I draw my first idea and jot down different possibilities.  I am going to make View One with embroidery and long sleeves with a cuff.

I am auditioning Floss colors.  Blue with White accent or Blue with Yellow?

I love Blue and Yellow but I will probably use Blue and White for this First Daygown.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to edge the cuffs with Swiss Edging.  I want this Daygown to have a basic baby look, without any fuss.  But adorable too!

First thing:

Pretreat the fabric and cut it out.


All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2016 Jeannie Baumeister

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails