Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Friday, January 15

My Old Fashioned Shoo Fly Quilt


My son's Shoo Fly quilt is completely done.

 Just in time for his visit this weekend.  He has waited three years.

My Granddaughter, Victoria and I have been working on  this quilt almost every time she visits.


And we stitched it on my Mothers Featherweight sewing machine.  

My Mother has been gone for over 25 years now and every time I sat at the sewing machine I thought about her using it. The Quilt is extra special because of it.

I also wanted Victoria to have memories stitching on that machine.  I am hoping in time it might be special to her too.




I stitched two Scriptures to the back of this quilt.  This fabric is purchased by the yard and you can choose the Scripture you like.

This is the label I stitched on the back.  When I showed it to my husband, he said "What's a Featherweight?"  Ha Ha….I didn't think about the fact that only a seamstress would know what it is!

It will be a mystery in years to come….to the common folk.

This is the entire quilt before it was quilted.  

I adore this quilt.  
I love the shoo fly pattern.
I am crazy about the fabric and I love the color blue.

I want to make another one!


All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2015 Jeannie Baumeister

3 comments:

vincie said...

What a wonderful treasure! I love it! And so will Chris. Oh the memories! Great job. Perfect! Only the special people will know the Featherweight.
vincie

Jeannie B. said...

Thats a happy thought…that the "special people" will know the Featherweight on the message.

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

I love that color combination, and the old fashioned Shoo Fly pattern. I don't have a Featherweight, but I appreciate that only those in the know will understand the message.

Related Posts with Thumbnails