Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Monday, June 13

Vintage Baby Dress with Cute Hem

This sweet Baby Dress is from the collection of Susie Gay.

She showed me several of the garments she has - Lucky me!

I absolutely love a blue and white combination in just about anything (I have Spode Blue and White Dishes) and this dress really caught my fancy with the blue collar, cuffs and embroidery.

Click on the above picture and you can see that the embroidery includes little rounds of Shadow Embroidery.  Very nice.

The hem is special.  It adds a bit of elegant simplicity.
Understated but nice.

This is the right side of the Baby Dress.
You can see from the picture above that this hem was put in with the hand Running Stitch.

And the back of the hem was carefully turned under and probably basted in place before it was stitched.

I wish I had a picture of the baby who wore this little gem from the past!

From the collection of Susie Gay.




















All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2016 Jeannie Baumeister

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails