Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Friday, August 14

A Summer Nightgown for Londyn



I made this Nightgown for Londyn using my  Sweet Summer Nightgown and Slip
Pattern.   I made up the Yoke Design and stitched it before I cut out the yoke.  I actually used the Tuck Design from "Baby's First Daygowns".  And added a cotton lace insertion, stitched on the fabric. But I didn't cut the fabric away from behind the lace.  Making it more durable as a nightgown which will be washed often.


 I used a cotton Batiste fabric that is 60" wide, so no side seams necessary.


I stitched a narrow Swiss Edging to the hem by machine.

It buttons in the back.

This is a very easy pattern. No complicated special finishes.

I attached entredeux to the neck edge the old fashioned method, which I love.
It makes a very nice finish.

I had some fun with the neck edge.  I used 12 Perle cotton to crochet an edge for a soft and pretty finish.  I need to tell you that I really didn't know what I was doing, having done only simple crochet long, long ago.  But it took very little time and I love it.

In fact I want to do more! I will look up a U -Tube video or find a book so I can do a better job.

Have a wonderful day!

And those who know Your name will put their trust in You,
For You , O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You.
Psalm 9:10




All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2020 Jeannie Baumeister

1 comment:

Denise-Ann said...

Just beautiful Jeannie, as always and love the crochet edging.

Related Posts with Thumbnails