Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Tuesday, December 8

Baby Daygown - Sweet and Simple



Lilly (as a newborn) is  wearing   Sweet and Simple Baby  Daygown.


The pictured  Daygown is made from a nice cotton Lawn.
It's soft and comfortable and irons up  nicely.


I've Shadow Stitched a little Duck on the front.

This little Daygown features two Tucks stitched on either side of the front opening.

There is a reason I named this pattern "Sweet and Simple Daygown Collection".
It is so sweet and very simple to make. 


I have hand stitched  tiny tatting along the edge of the sweet collar.

 
Little cuffs are turned up at the edge of the sleeves.

And Lilly is happy and sleeping in her Grammy made Daygown!

(We didn't change the print onesie for a plain one or put a slip on her before putting the Daygown on Lilly.
Looking at these photos, I wish I had gone to the trouble to do that!!)

"Withhold not your tender mercies from me, O Lord: 
let your loving kindness and your truth continually preserve me."
Psalm 40:11






All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2020 Jeannie Baumeister

1 comment:

Val said...

Oh my goodness!!! This is precious!!! The baby and the gown. You are blessed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails