Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Thursday, December 1

Old Things Found!!



This is an Embroidered Quilt Block I made many, many years ago.
I bought a set of 12 in 1970 and embroidered 7 of them. I had NO IDEA what I was doing. 
But apparently I planned to finish them because I kept them all these years.

I was looking for my box of Interfacing and had to pull all this out of my closet before I found the box with the Blocks (long before I found the interfacing).




The block even has dots to follow for Hand Quilting.

These are the ones that have been waiting 52 years to be finished.


I have to say, I am impressed with the neat back, all things considered (my young age)!

I labeled the boxes that were put back into the closet and plan to make 2033 my Year of Organization!
I wasted all my sewing time looking for something I needed!
I hate that!

I also labeled the box with the Quilt Squares, 
so I can find them when I know what I want to do with them.

Now I know how to quilt!!

Happy Stitching.
J























All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2022 Jeannie Baumeister

2 comments:

Denise-Ann said...

Look forward to seeing the finished quilt...........we all have one of those in our cupboards, I am currently working on a Duchess set that I purchased in about 1969, its going very slowly. Glad to see you posting again. Love reading your blogs. Love the picture of Maddie in the dress. Must make that pattern one day.

Alejandra Alejandro said...

Oh my gosh, I wish to be there classifying 🙏🏻🤗 some tea, all day pajamas.

Related Posts with Thumbnails