Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Wednesday, February 23

The Smock Shoppe Visited!

Mary is holding an amazing Christening Gown Creation!
Mary is the proprietress of The Smock Shoppe.
1445 Westgate Parkway
Dothan Alabama
334 793-8233

This exquisite Christening Gown is made from beautiful English Netting fabric and Lace from the  1752 Lace Company.

An antique Dressing Table used for display belonged to Mary's Grandmother.
There are books of Smocking Plates  to look through.

My little OFB Bubble and Bonnet on display!

The Smock Shop has Elna Sewing Machines.

Trims, Ribbons and Buttons abound.
I love the Rocking Chair!  This is a Shoppe where you can spend the day and dream.

Lots of Pretty fabric to choose from.

Rolls of Swiss Batiste and Dotted Swiss.
A really nice feature in The Smock Shoppe is their offer of Ready To Smock bishops.  You can choose a fabric and they do all the work!!  You only need to smock it, attach the already cut out bias binding and hem to fit your child.

This is a great Heirloom Sewing Shoppe where you can count on receiving help with any project you can dream up!  I hope you are able to visit soon.

The Brick and Mortar Fine Fabric Shop is hard to find in many areas of the country.  Make it a point to visit as many as you can.  You can touch the fabric and play with the Lace!  Fun, Fun, Fun!!

Curly locks, Curly locks,
Wilt thou be mine?
Thou shalt not wash the dishes
Nor yet feed the swine
But sit on a cushion
And sew a fine seam
And feed upon Strawberries, 
Sugar and Cream
James Whitcomb Riley

(sounds good to me!!)



All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2011 Jeannie Baumeister

5 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Thank you so much for the lovely tour!!! Simply beautiful. I just love that lace and the sweet ruffles on the first gown. Stunning. Thanks again.

Stacey said...

I wish I knew about that shop last summer - we were there for my daughter's softball tournament. I will definately look them up next time I'm in the area. Thanks for letting us know about them.

Kellie said...

I think I just received inspiration for a craft room do-over! I love the rocker idea and I think I might even take my fabric out of the closet and actually display it - very inspirational! Thanks for the tour.

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

What a lovely shop! I like the rocking chair, and I have one sitting around displaying nothing that needs a purpose.

Love the poem.

Linda said...

What a great shop...they don't have anything like that in my area...thanks for sharing!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails