Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Wednesday, October 26

Jeannie's Sewing Classes

We had a Sweet and Simple Daygown cut out and marked and ready for her to sew when she returned home. 
 Laces and trims and buttons all ready and packaged together!
I give Sewing Lessons in my home.  
I will take one student or I will take up to six students.

The last student had specific skills she wanted to learn and she wanted to go home with projects she could work on.


She stitched on a  Daygown while she was with me for a two day Lesson.  

She stitched Tucks and mitered Lace Insertion and stitched them to the front of her Daygown.


Of course we had to stop for a Tea and Scones break.

And she stitched the lace to fabric for a Smocked Bonnet.

She brought her pleater so she could learn to use it.

And she left with Bonnets that were all finished but the smocking and ribbons.

She wanted to brush up on her Smocking Skills.
I love this pink Bonnet.  It is Satin Batiste.   So soft.

It was a delightful time!



All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2011 Jeannie Baumeister

6 comments:

Kellie said...

Love the bonnet!

Jan said...

Satin batiste is a dream to work with! Love teaching people to smock.

Jan M said...

Learning to stitch with you, and tea and scones, equals heaven! Lucky student!

Robin Hart said...

I would pay just to sit and stitch with you... oh wait I just did. SAGA

db said...

Would you consider re-locating so you could live near me and I could take lessons - LOL!!

Jeannie B. said...

DB - Sorry I can not re-locat!!

Robin - you are a funny girl!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails