Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Monday, August 6

French Seams by Hand and Machine


First stitch done on the machine, using a 2.0 stitch length.
Still working on my pink Baby's Smocked Layette dress.

I am stitching my raglan sleeve to the dress front using French Seams.

After the first stitching, trimming and pressing, I am pinning right sides together of the back of the raglan sleeve/dress back.

Click for complete instructions about how to make a French Seam.

Always pin your fabric so that you can easily remove the pins before stitching.
And I stitch the back sleeve to the back dress by machine.  I like to use a Straight Stitch foot because there is more control of the fabric as it feeds.

But, I decided to do the second stitching on the front dress/sleeve, by hand.  I want my stitches to sit right next to the Smocking.  And I have more control when I stitch by hand.  It doesn't take long either.

My Brown Dog waits right by the door.  He wants to make sure I am really coming outside!  
I decide to take my stitching outside, along with my breakfast and a book.  It takes two trips.

Now, this is the life!  
And I finished my Tea House Mystery book.  I think I must have read most of the books in this series.  I hate for a good book to end!!

Greek yogurt, bluberries and walnuts.  I love them!

And this is my view this morning.

You just missed seeing the Humming Bird that loves my Salvia.

Top of the mornin' to you!





All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2012 Jeannie Baumeister

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails