Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Tuesday, September 25

Day Two in New Orleans with Jeannie's Class

Class - Day Two:  
Hem tucks are done and we're sewing our Swiss Edging to our skirt.

We stopped for a tea break in the morning.
Yummy cookies and wonderful hot tea.
Just the thing for a pick me up!

May brought a few of her tiny, tiny dolls from her collection to show me.
They are so cute.  I love them.
May's Tiny Dolls (and gowns) will be a future post!

Can you believe this dress was almost completed in class?  She just needs to finish the embroidery and the buttonholes.  Everyone got way more done then they thought possible!!
Way to sew!

This picture is of the hem on my sample dress.
Featherstitching and Rosebuds!


And surprise!  I am standing with Wendy Schoen.  

We had the class in Wendy's classroom!!

Her shop is amazing!  
And I covet her toys (that's bad, isn't it?).

I'll show you next post.
You'll understand.



All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2012 Jeannie Baumeister

2 comments:

WendyBee said...

Oh, it must be so wonderful to meet new people and see old friends, all with a real love for making such sweet, beautiful things. All that creativity and skill in one place.
Can't wait to see the post with the tiny dolls.

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

I think as long as you don't covet too terribly much you'll be OK. I'll miss you in Atlanta!

Related Posts with Thumbnails