Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Saturday, February 23

Paris Sister Trip - Monmarte Fabric Shops

Fabric was set out on the street to lure you into the shops!

Lots of Fabric......better than New York!

And fabrics on discount with ladies rummaging through them all.

I liked this store alot!

And Toile!
See the light blue Toile fabric among all the darker ones.  It was a lighter weight than the rest and it is now mine! And such a fine hand!!

I love this tote bag hanging in the window.  It is made from vinyl fabric.  I wanted to buy the bag but it was only a display!  So I bought the fabric.  

The one in the middle with the roses on it.

I  have had an eye for red fabric since I have been piecing my two quilts.  The feel of this fabric is unbelievably soft and fine. 

Here is the salesman cutting fabric for me.
Yes.  Salesman. Many men work in the fabric shops!

Then we collapsed, needing food!  
And had French Onion Soup!  Very delicious!!

It is so funny to see dogs everywhere, even in the restaurants!

Next time I will allow more time for the Fabric Shops but we were worn out and could go no further!

Imagine!






All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2013 Jeannie Baumeister

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails