Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Sunday, July 28

Fabric Shop in Dubque Iowa

Cute Pincushions in this shop.
Wherever a sewer happens to be...she seeks out Fabric Stores!

We can't help it!

We visited family in Dubuque.


And while there, I found  a Fabric Store.  Many of the  fabrics were suitable for children's clothes.  

I love the old Singer Sewing Machine displayed.


My husband found other interests.  He hired a guide to take him to good spots for Flyfishing for Rainbow Trout.  After seeing the pictures, I wish I had gone!

To live content with small means; To seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; To be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not rich; To study hard, think quietly, Talk gently, Act frankly; To listen to stars and birds, to babes and sages, with open heart; To bear all cheerfully, Do all bravely, Await occasions, Hurry never.

W. E.  Channing
circa 1800





All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2013 Jeannie Baumeister

1 comment:

Robin Hart said...

Love fly fishing and fresh trout. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails