Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Wednesday, October 16

Saga Class- Miss Buford's Bonnet



I am teaching this on Saturday for the Smocking Arts Guild of America National Convention.
This is my reproduction of Miss Buford's Bonnet.

Made from Linen and trimmed with Lilly of the Valley Maline Lace, it features Hand Hemstitching and French Embroidery.

The Bonnet buttons in the back.

This is the original  Bonnet given to me by a friend of Miss Bufords (thank you Mary and Miss Buford!!).

Miss Buford and her Bonnet are over 100 years old!

I will be happy to see some of you in this class!  

What joy to stitch this bonnet.



All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2013 Jeannie Baumeister

3 comments:

vincie said...

That's so precious!! You do such lovely work Jeannie. Wish i could go to your class.
Vincie

Martha said...

Just beautiful, I love the buttons on the back. I can't wait to stitch this lovely next week.

Mosaic Magpie said...

How beautiful! I am new to smocking and so wish I was able to join in all the fun next week.
Happy stitching!
Deb

Related Posts with Thumbnails