Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Monday, May 12

Sew With Me - Teaching


Linda is the owner of the shop "Sew With Me" in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.

I recently taught at the shop Sew With Me.


She sells the wonderful Viking Sewing Machine, along with fabrics.

And she has my OFB  pattern too!

Here is our sewing group - alas a couple of people were missing in this picture.

Robin and I.

Robin helps me in my booth at the National Smocking Guild Convention- it was a treat to see her!

We sewed and sewed for two days…..what fun is that?



All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2014 Jeannie Baumeister

2 comments:

ann said...

Hi Jeannie. I have followed you for about 4 years now, but seldom post a comment because they would all be the same: awesome, wonderful, beautiful. Today, however, I want to thank you. Some years ago I decided that I wanted to learn heirloom sewing techniques. I found a lady who worked at the local Bernia store who gave me a couple of lessons on how to work with entredeux and lace. I came home with a nice set of handouts with good instructions; however, since I taught school, I didn't have time to sew. Now that I am retired, I am sewing dresses for two dolls that were my mother's and her sister's. They date back to about the 1920s. They are the French composition dolls that had to be restored and rebuilt, which was done years ago with the intention of making dresses for the doll. Now I am finally working on the their cloths. I ordered the enterdeux from your online store and will probably order more lace since there is not a store near by. I have also used your instructions for attaching the enterdeux by hand instead of machine because I became so frustrated with the machine sewing. I just want to thank you for providing the instructions and for really giving me the courage to hand sew.

Jeannie B. said...

Ann, thank you for such an encouraging note! Best of luck in your wonderful sewing adventures.

Related Posts with Thumbnails