Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Saturday, May 9

New York City Silver Thimble

This is my NYC Silver Thimble.  

I look for Thimbles everywhere I go.  Thimbles that fit my finger well.


Each drawer has a different silver pattern in it

Do I look happy?  Yes!

This is a picture taken the first day of our New York City 21 Birthday trip.
We walked by a tiny old Silver Shop which was packed full of old silver.

Cambridge is my pattern.

My Granddaughter is great. 
 She went in with me with a smile on her face and was totally patient waiting for me as I looked at everything!  It made the trip  extra fun for me.

And I found this Sterling Silver Thimble.  And it fits me. And it's pretty too.

I was in silver heaven.



All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2015 Jeannie Baumeister

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jeanne--Happy Mother's Day. I will get you some pictures of St. Michael's as soon as things settle down a bit (I'm getting my house painted). I LOVED the silver thimble and the silver shop--where is it? I missed that one. Enjoyed your visit to St. Michael's so much--now, we are getting wonderful, warm weather and it's really spring. I went to St. Michael's last night for an open sing--they did the Faure and the Rutter Requiems. So gorgeous and such fun to sing!!! When I get my house in order, I'll order some stuff!!! Happy Day!!! Love, Eleanor

TerriSue said...

What a beautiful thimble. I got a silver thimble once in a vintage kitchen utensil drawer contents I won on EBay. It fit me also. It was the best find in the drawer.

Related Posts with Thumbnails