Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Friday, November 6

My Fantastic Sewing Trip - Lace Shops


Picture was taken in  Maison Antoine
There was an abundance of Baby Clothes in the shops we went in.

click on all pictures for more detail

A pretty set.
But most  of the items were clearly not hand made.  And many of them did not use the hand made Belgium lace to embellish them.

But were beautiful, non the less.

I like the style of this little Bonnet.
It would be quite easy to recreate, using an existing Bonnet Pattern.

The one that comes to mind is in my Christening Bonnet Collection pattern.

My personal preference is the old fashioned folded tuck but you can't argue with the perfect distance between these twin-needle tucks.

I would finish the front with entredeux and then add the lace.


You can get alot of  design ideas!

The Lace Shop Maison Antoine was filled with lacy things.

This is a larger view of the little Lace Shop.

…more to come...


All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2015 Jeannie Baumeister

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails