Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Saturday, February 6

My February Week of Sewing - Day 4


today was Featherstitching day…

I spent the morning, embroidering by the fire.

Taking breaks for tea and a book.

I had built the fire up to a blazing heat. 
 So my Brown Dog took his nap behind my chair.


I love to Featherstitch.  
It is a rhythm stitch.  This stitch requires a bit of warming up until I reach the rhythm where the stitches fall in into place and I am picking up the same amount of fabric in my needle each time.  And I am moving down the design line evenly.  It's a good feeling….

and all is good with my world.





All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2015 Jeannie Baumeister


2 comments:

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

Sounds divine! Our new house will only have gas fireplaces, Better for indoor pollution and not as messy, but still, I will miss the wood burning.

vincie said...

I love featherstitching too. Fun and easy and beautiful.

We had a Chocolate lab several years ago. She was 12 when she died. We still miss her. I love to see Strider. Reminds me of Molly.

happy stitching!
vincie

Related Posts with Thumbnails