Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Monday, June 11

Handsewn Baby Dress

My new Granddaughter is 6 Months old and sitting up very nicely.

She is wearing the white Baby Dress that I made.  Every stitch by hand, buttonholes included.  It was such a pleasure to stitch and I love, love, love it on her.



It's made from a soft Swiss Batiste.
The dresses really are softer when stitched by hand.  That is because each seam has only one row of stitches, not the double stitching of a sewing machine (meaning the bobbin and the top stitch).

This is one of my favorite things she wears. 
I want to get all the wear I can out of it.  It's too long for her to crawl in but good for playing.  

I used my pattern  Old Fashioned Baby Layette.  The button in the back version.  I taught a class using this  design. When I get a chance I will put a kit together with the modifications and instructions.

Of course it can be made by machine, with hand embellishments.

She just melts my heart!!!





All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2018 Jeannie Baumeister

1 comment:

TerriSue said...

Of course she melts your heart, that little smile gets to me every time you post her picture. Those huge eyes are going to make Daddy get really good at quizzing any boy who wants to take even look at her in 16 years. My youngest grandchild just turned two We cannot believe that she has been with us for that long. She is growing up way to fast as far as I am concerned. Her sister is 11 and I feel exactly the same way about her. Time just seems to fly. Have lots of fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails