Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Sunday, August 23

Shadow Embroidery on a Sunsuit




This is my latest project.
Making a sunsuit for Lilly.
I wanted to have some embroidery fun!


I used a white cotton pima Pique fabric for the Yoke, and added a cute little girlie chick!
I also used an underlining from a pima batiste so the embroidery would show up better. 

The design came from my Jeannie B Embroidery Book.

I used Floche for the thread and stitched the Chick using Shadow Embroidery.  The legs and beak are a stranded floss.  All else is Floche. 


This is the old, old pattern I used....from when my own grown children were little.



The fabric for the Sunsuit is yellow Seersucker.
Very summery.

I stitched white  rick rack on the shoulder straps to make it just that much cuter!!

I am sitting here in South Louisiana hoping both Hurricanes that are heading toward our coast....somehow miss me!!

Stay safe out in that crazy world :)

For the wicked boasts of his hearts desire, 
And the greedy man curses and spurns the Lord.
The wicked, in the haughtiness of his countenance, 
All his thoughts are, "There is no God"
Psalm10:3,4






All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2020 Jeannie Baumeister

4 comments:

Sherry Richardson said...

Jeannie I love the sunsuit. How are you and your family? Do you still have Strider?

The Old Fashioned Baby said...

Hi Sherry, I'm fine and Strider is doing great! J

Becky said...

This is so sweet and so reminiscent of sundresses and sunsuits from a similar pattern way back in the 80s for my daughters and then for my granddaughters more recently. One of my favorite styles!

Denise-Ann said...

As always Jeannie a work of perfection and beauty. I just love the old patterns. Hope you are ok, not sure if the storm was near you or not, but was thinking of you and hope that you are all safe and sound.

Related Posts with Thumbnails