Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Saturday, August 29

Stars!


I have just finished Block #12...
 in my Sister Star Challenge, that I am doing with my sister, Kathy.

I love, love, love sewing on my old Featherweight Sewing Machine, although it does take a bit more upkeep.  I oil it weekly. I think I mentioned that I first learned to sew on this machine and it belonged to my Mother. 

This machine just hums along.....love the sound too!




Here are all 12 blocks.  
The photo has a pink tinge but that is the lighting.


A close up of the last block I made.

Having fun sewing!

I always have a quilting project and another project to work on.
I'll show you what I'm making for Londyn next post.

Here is some good advice...not really mine
I read it somewhere.

Don't look back.
You are not going in that direction.

Brethen, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead.
Philippians 3:13

Thankyou sewing friends,  for keeping me in your thoughts as the Hurricanes were coming my way.
All is well here.





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails