Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Saturday, November 14

My English BOM Block One Finished!



This is Block one - Finished.  

I have joined a Block of the Month Club that is from a shop in England.
If you have never hear of a BOM, it is a very clever way for a shop to sell a product (kit)over time.  For the sewer, it is so encouraging because they send you ONE Block a month and you have a whole month to complete it before the next block arrives.  

It is a great motivator.

I added to the original block by using  Buttons and Embroidery to embellish around the little posies.

I found this shop on line and loved the pretty things the owner made. Pretty Fabrics and Trims.  And since I now have much more time than I ever did before, I thought it was a good time to practice skills that are lacking.  Such as hand appliqué. If you just stitch something  you will get better.

I love this cute block.

Yesterday I worked on Block 2 while sitting in my Back Garden.  It was such a beautiful day and my flowers love this weather.

It is Snapdragon Season.


I hope you are staying safe, wearing a mask and having fun sewing!!

" What gain has the worker from his toil? I have seen the business that God has given to the children of man to be busy with. He has made everything beautiful in it's time."
Ecclesiastes 3:11




All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2020 Jeannie Baumeister

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails