Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Wednesday, November 25

In Search of Fine China on the Cheap


China found for me! Very Exciting!!

My friend and her husband went on a week end trip to the Grand Hotel in  Point Clear, Alabama.  From Baton Rouge to Point Clear, they stopped at many stores to look for discounted pieces of her Spode Christmas Tree china (and mine).
 
Belinda couldn't wait to see how it would all look on her table!
Every store they stopped at, I received a phone call.  "Jeannie, they have such and so, do you want any?"  my reply "Yes"!  And she knows my china patterns.  She was on the lookout for thrifty pieces that I might need. 

So, she bought me more Christmas Tree Plates! 
And they stopped at the same stores on the way home too.  Just in case more stock was put out!!
What a great husband!


Close up of her lovely hand embroidered Vintage Table Cloth.

Belinda gave me her favorite sewing spot.
After we played with the china, we sat down and sewed!  What a nice morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeannie,

I am glad to know that you are a fellow dishaholic!! :)

Have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Jeannie B. said...

Thank you. Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails