Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Wednesday, April 28

Designing Another Class Project

I am to the point of drawing the embroidery design to fit the center of the dress.
It usually takes me a few drawings to get just what I want.
This is the first rough draft of the embroidery design.
I love my 18" See Thru Ruler.  How can you live without one?
Ready to trace the design onto the fabric.
I love to design.  It is my favorite thing to do.  Even if I never make the dress! 
 I am liking the way this one is turning out!

copyright on this design
Copyright 2009 Jeannie Baumeister

2 comments:

ginger said...

I love watching the progress you make. The garmet looks great! How much fun.

Jan M said...

We love it when you design, too! This one looks especially gorgeous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails