Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Thursday, September 30

R is for Robin!

Robin was in class on Sunday and by Tuesday she had sent me a picture of her finished project!!
Yeah Robin!!  Great Work too!!
Teachers love seeing the class project complete (we need encouragement too!)

This project was from the SAGA Convention class Embroidered Initials.  It is a pretty Lingerie Bag that has been personalized.  Wonder what will go in Robins bag?

The Initials are from my Embroidery Book.




All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2010 Jeannie Baumeister

6 comments:

Jan said...

She did a beautiful job on her embroidery! Love bullion roses!

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

I just love this post and your whole blog! (I've joined as a follower!) Wonderful vintage treasures. Thank you for sharing!
Coralie

Robin Hart said...

Thanks for posting Jeannie. I really enjoyed this project and it was a great going home project since I had 24 hours on the road to work on it. Sunday classes are hard to pick as you do not want too much work. I did notice after I sent the pic that in ironing one of the bullion loops was on the wrong side of the bullions in the pic... oops!

Ivory Spring said...

That is so so so pretty, Jeannie. I have never thought of using bullion roses for initials. :) Thanks for the inspiriation.

Sewconsult said...

Buillion roses are my favorite of all hand embroidered stitches. She did a great job. My arthritis keeps me from doing the embroidery that I love so much.
Beckie in Brentwood, TN

Martha said...

What a show off she is! :) J/K I knew it would be beautiful and it is. I can work on mine now that other pressing projects are out of the way.

Related Posts with Thumbnails