Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Friday, May 27

Lace Snips

I have a little can that I have been putting snips of leftover lace in.
Long snips that are enough for Daygowns.

A friend gave me this pretty Tin and it has a window so I can see my lace.

The top of the Tin is cute too!

"When speaking to a Bear of Very Little Brain, remember that long words may bother him."
Pooh's Little Instruction Book


All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2011 Jeannie Baumeister

3 comments:

Julia said...

Lovely!

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

What a great idea! I may try that with a canning jar from World Market, which is where I got my laundry room jars. I love the Pooh quotes. Sometimes I sympathize with the "Bear of Very Little Brain".

dream quilt create said...

In response to how to store your lace, how about buying the large wooden thread spools at Hobby Lobby, wrapping the lace around it, and storing the spools in a pretty glass container or mason jar? I am going to try it myself. Right now I store them on cardboard Martha Pullen forms. I love your blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails